Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spaghetti squash and meatballs for lunch

Lunch was simple today, it required 1 min reheating in the microwave of leftover but it tasted good! I was supper hungry when I got home from the gym (I'm doing my work out later today at 6 pm with a group) not because I worked out but from the walking and grocery shopping. So it's really nice to keep some left over so that you can prepare an effortless meal before your hungry lead you to worse temptations.

What I made yesterday which I didn't eat was some spaghetti squash. They looked dubious when I took them out from the oven and I wasn't sure if I wanted to eat them. But they turned out great!

To bake them I cut them in half length wise and removed the seeds and put them face down in a deep baking mold and put about 1/4 cup of water. I covered with foil and backed at 375 for 40 minutes then I turn them face up and covered again with aluminum for another 20 minutes or so.

Then when they are cool to handle I scrapped the squash softly trying to avoid squashing the delicate fibers which were thin like angel air.

One cup of this spaghetti squash has only 40 calories and 10 grams of carb. I paired it with 4 meatballs. And yummy lunch was ready. I would probably add a serving of broccoli next time to add something green. This was super low cal food only like 210 calories. Pretty filling too



2 comments:

  1. So did it taste anything like angel hair pasta? =) I can't wait to try too (just need to get one...) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't taste like pasta I think but Fernando really likes it. He already request me to buy more of it. So far I think it's a pod idea to replace rice and pasta with squash. That is what I'm doing this week

    ReplyDelete